photo 5135a210-3851-42fb-897f-39c11bf1e632_zps36fe5f5b.jpg      photo 5f25d283-4db2-4972-a7ed-c19822beff2f_zpsd617421f.jpg       photo bf01808e-cb11-4221-9c9c-6c737d95ddc4_zpse2129334.jpg

Thursday 20 December 2012

Winter Wonderland 2012

I luckily have a week off of one of my jobs this week meaning that apart from working in retail for a few shifts this week I am officially in Christmas mode. Yesterday I decided to do something fun with my day and headed down to London again (Must get my ass down there to live ASAP as travel is costing me a fortune!) I headed down with my Mum & Sister as they weren't feeling too Christmassy yet & I wanted to help them to get into the spirit. I am definitely the Christmas elf in the family, I love everything about this season.

Of course there was only one place to go; Winter Wonderland. I went there last year but it was kind off a rushed visit as it chucked it down but this year I gave us a good couple of hours to make the most of it. I also made sure I had a hooded jacket and ear muffs at the ready and boots which wouldn't leave me with soggy feet as we tackled Oxford Street 5 days before Christmas. 








If you care what I wore here it is:


Sorry for the state of me - wet & my Sister doesn't believe in the zoom button.

Dress - The Wardrobe in Northampton
Tights - Primark
Boots - Primark
Hoody - Topshop
Leather Jacket - New Look
Bag - Primark








We arrived at the market with one mission - food. We did pretty much a full circle of the place before settling on hog roast gaps filled with gravy, apple sauce & stuffing. Mum and Keira washed it down with hot chocolates whereas I went for hot apple cider (I was scared as I know it has cinnamon in it which I hate but the kind man let me try some!) It was the amazing. I could have sat and got drunk on it but at £4 a cup that wasn't happening. Oh yeah the prices of food! Don't get put off - if you were eating in a restaurant you would pay these prices so shut up moaning. I had all my food plus some candied roasted almonds for like £13 which isn't bad at all.








Feeling warm and merry we explored the stalls and prettiness of the wonderland which was really nice to do even in the drizzle.

Now I was very kindly offered tickets to a choice of either the Magical Ice Kingdom, Ice Skating, The Big Wheel or Zippo's Christmas Circus courtesy of  Costabingo.com

As much as I love skating one; my ankle is still messed up and two; the "ice rink" was in fact white plastic with a good 2 inches of water. It had completely melted. Now I would have been fuming if I was one of the many families that had paid good money to go on there!


I opted to go to the circus, I mean who doesn't love the circus! Clowns aren't my favourite things but I don't cry over them either. The show lasted about 40 minutes and I did have a smile on my face the whole time - just good clean wholesome fun. It's also lovely seeing all the little kiddie winks getting all excited about it!







It really was a lovely afternoon out and I bet it's so much more magical at night with all the twinkly lights! I would definitely recommend going even if you have a small budget - entry is free and if you have a fiver just get some mulled wine to sip and keep your hands warm whilst you wander and take in the atmosphere. 

Winter Wonderland is at Hyde Park (less than a 5 minute walk from Mable Arch underground station) and is on until the 6th January and closes at 10pm. Get your bums down there!

No comments:

Post a Comment