photo 5135a210-3851-42fb-897f-39c11bf1e632_zps36fe5f5b.jpg      photo 5f25d283-4db2-4972-a7ed-c19822beff2f_zpsd617421f.jpg       photo bf01808e-cb11-4221-9c9c-6c737d95ddc4_zpse2129334.jpg

Wednesday 9 January 2013

2012 Make Up Favourites





Sorry this is a bit late but thought I would share with you my top make up picks of 2012. It was really hard to narrow it down to just one of each product but I did it! Here's what made the cut;

Primer
GOSH BB Cream

So as you can see this is a BB cream but also triples up as a moisturiser & primer. I just find it's a good all over base that sits nicely under my foundation if I wear it but also looks great on it's own if you like a sheer coverage like me!

Foundation
L'Oreal Lumi Magique Foundation

I was a MAC foundation kinda gal before this came out. And when it came out I was converted on my first day. It is the perfect shade for me & just gives a medium coverage with a gorgeous glow. I don't think I will find anything better in a long time! I did a review back in August when I discovered this bad boy!

Eyebrows
HD Brow Palette

Every Glossybox lady has one of these and that was exactly how I was introduced. This palette has led to me getting the treatment done a few times and my eyebrows always look amazing after! I will definitely repurchase this as I have had it around 6 months, used it everyday and haven't even hit pan yet.

Powder
VIVO Compact Powder

As much as I love my MAC Mineralise Skin Finish it is a hefty £21.50 and I am so scared of cracking it that I never let it leave my make up counter. I discovered Tesco's VIVO Powder and was drawn to the matte finish and selection of darker shades the range offered. It lasts absolutely ages, I got mine around August and am only hitting pan now. At only £4 I love this!

Mascara
Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Lashes

I may only have discovered this in December but I loved it so much I got three tubes! Massive long thick lashes which dry quickly and don't look clumpy = winner. It has a black kohl effect which I love. For a more in depth review click here!

Concealer
MAC Studio Finish Concealer

I love this for everything - under my eyes and blemishes. It gives a really full coverage so I apply it lightly with a clean finger & pat on the areas it is needed. I am trying so hard not to spend lots of money on make up in the next few months but will have to fork out another £14.50 for this as I love it. Saying that I would like to try the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer as I've heard that is the best high end concealer around.

Eyeliner
Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama 24h Gel Liner

Bit of a mouthful to say but the most amazing dupe for the Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner and only £7.99. I have gone off liquid liners since the release of this and just find it stays in place all day and is incredibly black. It's very easy to create the look you want with this; my personal look is on the lash line with a subtle flick at the end.

Bronzer / Highlighter
Sleek Contour Compact


I have gone through two of these this year. It's the perfect shade for my skin & just allows me to have lovely cheekbones (instead of my slightly chubby cheeks). The bronzer is dark matte with no shimmer at all which is great and the highlighter is golden shimmery to add that glow. I like that the highlighter & bronzer  are in one compact as they complement each other perfectly and saves me trying to find one of each.

Lipstick
Kate Moss for Rimmel in 08

This lipstick was from Kate Moss' first collection for Rimmel. The colour is a "your lips but better" and probably isn't my most favourite but is definitely the lipstick I have reached for the most throughout the year. It just goes with every outfit and as much as I love my red lipstick I rarely sport it.

Blusher
MAC Mocha

Just the most perfect pink for my skin tone, quite a deep blue toned pink which gives me a subtle pinched look on the apple of my cheek. I got this for Christmas in 2011 & haven't even hit pan yet when I have used it at least twice a week for the year! Love it!

Phew! That was a lot to go through. I can't wait to find some new exciting products to love in 2013 so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment