photo 5135a210-3851-42fb-897f-39c11bf1e632_zps36fe5f5b.jpg      photo 5f25d283-4db2-4972-a7ed-c19822beff2f_zpsd617421f.jpg       photo bf01808e-cb11-4221-9c9c-6c737d95ddc4_zpse2129334.jpg

Sunday 13 January 2013

My Picks #001



As much as I love talking about beauty and clothes I really want to share a bit more about things I have been enjoying lately. Every now and again I am going to share what has been rocking my socks in the hope you may enjoy them too! I would say I'd do it weekly but I always end up writing about something else because I get excited and have to post it right away!  I will mix up what I talk about; one week I may talk about a book I've enjoyed reading or share a recipe I've loved. Here's what I am loving this week!

#1 TV show of the week - Mr Selridge



I had to watch this on ITV Player as I was at the pub quiz. I loved it so much I don't even want to go to the pub quiz today as I must see it. It's the perfect thing for a girl like me; a mixture of history, glamour, drama & perhaps most importantly shopping. As the title probably suggest it is about the owner of my favourite shop, Selfridges. Give it a watch, you won't be disappointed.


#2 Drink of the week - Green Smoothies




I have been trying to eat really well this week & my main issue is breakfast. Sometimes I can't be bothered to make a bowl of porridge and I'm not a big fan of toast. So I've been making smoothies to fit in my flask so I can sip it on the way to work & whilst at work. There are so many recipes online but here's one I made which I love.

You will need:

2 handfuls of frozen berries
Half a frozen banana
3 tbsp of natural yoghurt
Dash of milk (I use soya)
2 handfuls of fresh baby spinach

And all you need to do is blend them in a processor!

The spinach is such a good source of goodies for your body and although the colour may not look appealing it tastes really good and there's less than 200 calories in your breakfast!


#3 Film of the week - Life of Pi




I love going to the cinema so expect to see lots of these! Life of Pi was a weird one, a long storyline which you didn't think was important until the end. It isn't a comedy but had some little bits that made you giggle & wasn't exactly a love story but was a in a strange way (confused yet)? I guess it's quite an inspiring film & it really does have you pinned on the edge of your sit.The special effects are amazing and it's the first film I've seen where I really felt seeing it in 3D made a difference.


#4 Lust of the week - Topshop Cartoon Printed Bodycon Dress



I hope my healthy smoothies will soon give me a body which will look killer in this dress. It's £29 which isn't bad at all & I have about 3 birthday nights out to celebrate with 3 different groups of friends so can get away with wearing this lots! I'm going to wait until the end of this month, get my ass to the gym 5 times a week & hopefully love this on!

#5 Product of the week - Steam Cream



I got this steam cream half price from Urban Outfitters in the sale and it finally arrived. I didn't realise it was just a moisturiser but it is rather nice. I've also slapped it on for an hour over make up and then use a hot muslin cloth to remove it along with all my make up which works quite well.


What have I been up to this week?

I've pretty much lived at the gym where I have been really enjoying Body Pump classes. It's a complete body work out using weights which help to burn more fat and build muscle and I really enjoy it. Along with my healthy eating I've been kinda following Rose's Anti Diet as she has a figure I'd kill for. Her recipes are amazing and

I got some bad news about my little car, Buddy. He has a problem with his engine which will cost me over £1000 to fix which is more then he is worth (although he is priceless to me)! Every cloud has a silver lining so I've spent today looking around car dealerships for a spankin' new car which will see me having to budget my money a lot more but will be so worth it. I am leaning towards a new Peugeot 208 or a Fiat Punto. Any thoughts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment