photo 5135a210-3851-42fb-897f-39c11bf1e632_zps36fe5f5b.jpg      photo 5f25d283-4db2-4972-a7ed-c19822beff2f_zpsd617421f.jpg       photo bf01808e-cb11-4221-9c9c-6c737d95ddc4_zpse2129334.jpg

Monday 4 February 2013

My Cold Saviours.


I've spent the last week sneezing uncontrollably, eyes watering like a tap and feeling really rubbish. Colds are one of those things we just have to get on with and ride through. Here's what I've been relying on the last week...


Steam Cream - I've been applying this nightly as it's enriched with vitamins and is really thick so sinks in throughout the night. 

Vichy Idealia Cream - I got this sample with a Glossybox and use it to put on dry spots on my face. It's quite a light moisturiser so best for day use. My skin is a complete mess at the moment and I'm avoiding make up so loading up on lots of moisturiser!

Bepanthen - My nose has been really sore from the constant tissue use and I keep rubbing my eyes when they water. This soothes my skin a little and gives a little bit relief!

Otrivine Nasal Spray - This is my hero product. I can't stand having a blocked nose it makes me so irate, a bit of this works wonders for a good couple of hours. I really recommend this if you are having trouble sleeping.

Halls Soothers - These are the only sore throat sweets I like although this has definitely been a sneezing cold!

Vita Coco Natural Coconut Water - This drink contains lots of natural electrolytes so helps to re-hydrate the body. I've totally lost my appetite so need 

Kleenex Balsam Tissues - The best tissues ever. They are so kind to your nose. I lurvvve them.

Origins Super Spot Remover - For some reason I have broken out like a bitch with this cold on my forehead which is really rare for me. Hoping continue use of this will help calm my skin down. If not, well it's not like I'm leaving the house anytime soon. 

Other things I think help make colds a bit more bearable:

Hot water bottles
Oranges (for Vitamin C)
Tea (with an unhealthy amount of biscuits)
Fluffy dressing gowns
Hot showers (I take one in the morning & one before bed & it really helps)
A dash of baileys in hot chocolate before bed helps me to sleep quicker
Good TV programmes

I'm off to make a mug of tea and settle down to Mr. Selfridge. If someone could send a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts to me I would be eternally grateful...

No comments:

Post a Comment