photo 5135a210-3851-42fb-897f-39c11bf1e632_zps36fe5f5b.jpg      photo 5f25d283-4db2-4972-a7ed-c19822beff2f_zpsd617421f.jpg       photo bf01808e-cb11-4221-9c9c-6c737d95ddc4_zpse2129334.jpg

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paints



Hi everyone, I hope you had a fantastic Easter! I have eaten, drank and laughed so much the last few days!

As I have mentioned before lately I have been a huge fan of gelish manicures over acrylics so when I heard Barry M had released their version of gel nail polishes I was very excited! I think Barry M are really on top of their game when it comes to copying and putting their own twist on higher end nail trends and offer such amazing offers and colours!

Their version of the gelish manicures are called Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paints. There's 13 colours so far to choose from and the colours are mainly summer colours ranging from pale blues and lilacs to bright orange and hot pinks. 



I opted for a hot pink called Dragon Fruit which is a beautiful colour for holidays and warm summer days and Lychee, a nude cream colour which I thought was quite sophisticated and would look good for nights out. 



The great thing about these is you only need one coat for a full coverage. It does take a little while for it to dry as it is so thick but the result is a high shine finish which I haven't seen in a polish before. I would definitely recommend wearing a base coat which the brighter colours as it will stain your nails.



So far so good right? Well...I have one little moan. For a product which is so thick and gives such an amazing finish, I cannot believe how easy it chips. I'm one of those girls that can get away with my nails not chipping for days on end but I can't go a day without chipping this polish. So really you need a top coat for the polish to last, but as it offers a high shine finish this really annoys me as it shouldn't be needed!

All in all I think they are great polishes but I think I would prefer to stick with regular shine polishes that last longer than a high shine polish that lasts a day on me. If you can deal with doing your nails a lot then definitely go for it as I love all the colours.

*A quick side note* As everyone is aware GFC will no longer exist from July. My favourite way to follow blogs is on Bloglovin' so if you would like to follow me on there, I would love to see you other there. You can find my blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment