photo 5135a210-3851-42fb-897f-39c11bf1e632_zps36fe5f5b.jpg      photo 5f25d283-4db2-4972-a7ed-c19822beff2f_zpsd617421f.jpg       photo bf01808e-cb11-4221-9c9c-6c737d95ddc4_zpse2129334.jpg

Friday 5 April 2013

Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede


Revlon is still going strong as my favourite drug store brand right now. Especially when it comes to the lips. As I was going a little mad in Boots a few weeks back I picked up two colours from their latest creation, Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede.


Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede in High Heels and Socialite


When I first heard the word suede, I imagined a true matte finish but with a velvety feel. On application, which can be built up but not massively as it has high colour, the finish is slightly shiny and high on colour pigmentation. After a while the product starts to dry and you are left with a matte finish. I find when this starts to happen you can tell if you lips are moisturised or not so use a lip scrub and balm before applying for best results.

High Heels - Socialite





























I love a pink lip so opted for two fairly muted pinks within the collection (there's a decent amount to choose from, Revlon always provide lots of colours)! High Heels is a true girly pink, which has a slight blue tone and perfect with cat eye liner and lots of mascara. Socialite is more a more subtle pink which on me leans towards a nude, my lips but better colour and definitely a keeper for a work lip and it doesn't draw attention.

I do worry my lips look & feel dry with this product but I think it's the way the finish is meant to feel. I absolutely love the colour of these products but I'm not sure how a bright one would look in this finish, more subtle colours will suit the finish better. I would love to try a plum or dark raspberry this Autumn though!

You can pick these up for £8.99 each or 3 for 2 at Boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment