photo 5135a210-3851-42fb-897f-39c11bf1e632_zps36fe5f5b.jpg      photo 5f25d283-4db2-4972-a7ed-c19822beff2f_zpsd617421f.jpg       photo bf01808e-cb11-4221-9c9c-6c737d95ddc4_zpse2129334.jpg

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Bedtime Mantra.


From Pinterest. 

Every night before I go to sleep I do two things. Firstly I read the news. This usually means that I read about something horrible going on in the world and I get all emotional about the misfortune of less fortunate people around the world. I sometimes get stupidly upset, mainly because I realise how lucky I am. I'm not famous or a millionaire but I have a loving family, amazing friends, a roof over my head and a career. Not everyone gets all of those things and I think it's really easy for people to get wrapped up in their own drama and forget about what is really important in life. 

Now I am just as guilty as lots of others; I get emotional about the news yet I don't volunteer or make a massive effort to help (this is something I aim to work on). I do feel however that I do make a small difference to the people around me. I always think positively, hold doors open, smile at strangers and genuinely try to be a good person. I believe that positive thinking is one of the most powerful things in the world. Hope is the only thing greater than fear. Yes, that is a quote from The Hunger Games. 

Oh yeah, the second thing I do every night? I make myself think of something to be grateful for. And you know what? It isn't difficult at all. Give it a go and believe me you will go to sleep with a great big grin across your face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment