photo 5135a210-3851-42fb-897f-39c11bf1e632_zps36fe5f5b.jpg      photo 5f25d283-4db2-4972-a7ed-c19822beff2f_zpsd617421f.jpg       photo bf01808e-cb11-4221-9c9c-6c737d95ddc4_zpse2129334.jpg

Sunday 15 December 2013

Gingerbread Men Recipe.



I've been trying to be extra good this season by not indulging in every treat offered to me. I can so no to a lot of things but gingerbread is not one of them. It is my favourite festive treat full stop. Every year I spend a whole afternoon baking an army of gingerbread men to share with all my loved ones. Here's my recipe to share with you.




Ingredients
  • 350g plain flour
  • 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
  • 2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 125g butter
  • 175g light soft brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 4 tbsp golden syrup

    (A man cookie cutter to create the classic shape)!


    You will also need the following

    1 cool ass apron

    1 big mug of hot chocolate to keep you going

    2 parents who allow you to blast Christmas music throughout the house



My Method


Pre heat the oven to 180C & line to trays with greaseproof paper.




Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and ginger into a bowl.



 Add the butter and blend until the mix looks like breadcrumbs (this is usually easier if you use an electric blender). Then stir the sugar into the bowl.


Beat the egg and golden syrup together and then add it to the bowl







 Whisk this all together and it should all mix and clump together. Knead the dough (work those arms) and when it's nice and smooth wrap it in cling film and pop in the fridge for about 20 minutes.





Roll out all the dough to it's roughly half a centimetre thick and use your cookie cutter to make the shapes.

Place them on the baking tray and bake for around 12 minutes or until they are a golden brown colour.



Once done leave them to cool down and then you can get to decorating. (I know this is the most fun part but I love the taste of them alone without the icing so tend to just decorate them for friends)!

  • I make little ones so I put lots in a tin covered in wrapping paper and give them out as little presents. I'm not gunna lie, I've already eaten more of these than I care to admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment