photo 5135a210-3851-42fb-897f-39c11bf1e632_zps36fe5f5b.jpg      photo 5f25d283-4db2-4972-a7ed-c19822beff2f_zpsd617421f.jpg       photo bf01808e-cb11-4221-9c9c-6c737d95ddc4_zpse2129334.jpg

Monday 30 December 2013

KIKO Colour Impact Eyeshadow Palette - Lounge Warm Tones



My love affair with KIKO started in Rome back in July and although I've had access to the brand via the website I much prefer swatching and testing the product out in the shop. On my recent shop to Westfields Stratford I headed straight to the KIKO store and indulged in a few cheeky purchases. 

I have seen this palette crop up on a number of blogs and I fell in love with one colour in particular, but I'm getting ahead of myself. It was half price - £8.40 and it was mine.

Let's start with the packaging. It's not good. In fact I personally hate it. It just does not to the product underneath justice.


Ahhh just look at that. 2 matte shades, 1 satin and 3 shimmer/glitter shades. All work nicely together giving lots of options for day and night time looks.







The three stand out shades are the mattes/satin colours especially the plum/burgundy. It is stunning. I tend to stay away from most shimmers and I'm not a massive fan of the light gold and pink shades but I do like the brown shimmer especially mixed in with Urban Decay's Darkhorse for a glittery smokey eye. 

All the colours are incredibly pigmented and feel like butter on your fingers. There's very little fallout from the matte shades but quite a lot on the glitters - especially the gold. I would advise using a eyeshadow primer for these as they do not have the longest staying power but at the price they are you can't complain.

I think this is the perfect Autmun/Winter palate and if these shades aren't to your liking there are 3 other palettes with different colours. I am really happy with my little bargain and I'm sure some of you will love this too. Find it here.



No comments:

Post a Comment