photo 5135a210-3851-42fb-897f-39c11bf1e632_zps36fe5f5b.jpg      photo 5f25d283-4db2-4972-a7ed-c19822beff2f_zpsd617421f.jpg       photo bf01808e-cb11-4221-9c9c-6c737d95ddc4_zpse2129334.jpg

Tuesday 14 January 2014

L'Oreal Mega Volume Miss Manga






Now if you are like me you have no idea what "manga" is. So I helped you out and I did a bit of research. You know in Japanese culture there's those Anime cartoons where all the girl characters have massive eyes? Those are manga eyes apparently. I have no intention in wanting to look like I have eyes too big for my head and I actually think it's a strange way to promote a product in the UK. L'Oreal is in my opinion usually seen as one of the more grown up brands in the drug stores and I feel the has been marketed at a much younger market.

I think the packaging is fun and I love the metallic pink handle. The wand is very flexible and it is definitely an advertising point but I don't want a really flexible wand and don't feel it needs to be as flexible as it is.

I was a bit scared about the brush as it's huge. I thought it would load too much product on but the tube helps evenly distribute the product. The formula was quite wet the first few days of using but after a week of continuous use it's a a brilliant formula. It's a rare find (for me anyways) to find a mascara with the perfect combination of volume and length. I find volumising ones to make mine go clumpy too quickly and lengthening ones to make the lashes super long but almost too spidery. This is a brilliant formula as each lash is coated nicely enough to give it that black and voluminous look but with a lovely bit of length as well. Clumping is minimal but when you go for a second coat (as shown above) it can start too bring lashes together. My advice would be to do one thorough coat on all lashes for a natural but fluttery day time look.

I picked this up on a complete whim as Boots were offering a good few pounds off and I'm really pleasantly surprised. I read a few reviews which says this dries up really quickly (after 3/4 weeks) so I will definitely keep you posted as I am currently in love with this mascara and would like to continue my affair with it.

What's your favourite mascara?  I'm always on the look out for the best one ever!

Tanice 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy reading it! I definitely will take at look at yours tomorrow for my Sunday ritual of reading blogs in bed! Xx

    ReplyDelete