photo 5135a210-3851-42fb-897f-39c11bf1e632_zps36fe5f5b.jpg      photo 5f25d283-4db2-4972-a7ed-c19822beff2f_zpsd617421f.jpg       photo bf01808e-cb11-4221-9c9c-6c737d95ddc4_zpse2129334.jpg

Monday 13 January 2014

San Francisco Collection by OPI

Left to Right: First Date at the Golden Gate, Muir Muir on the Wall, In the Cable Car-Pool Lane, Peace & Love & OPI 
My Mum always puts mini OPI sets in my stocking which I love because I get to try lots of different colours from a brand which is a little expensive to buy one larger bottle. This year I was treated to the San Francisco Collection; four mini bottles in colours that slightly differ to what I would have chosen myself. Mum knows I have a lot of nudes, blues and pinks so these wintery colours were a welcome addition to my collection.


First Date at the Golden Gate 
A ruby red with a slight shimmer. I don't actually have a decent quality red in my collection and this applies beautifully. 

Muir Muir on the Wall 
A metallic grey with hints of plum shimmer throughout. It's also slightly brown in some lights and I haven't seen a colour this before. This would make a lovely accent nail to go with purple tones.

In the Cable Car-Pool Lane 
 OPI describes this as a burgundy but I think it's a
beautiful plum/berry colour. I find non shimmery shades apply a lot thicker and the shine in OPI never fails me. This is my favourite shade even though I probably have about 5 others like this in my stash. 

Peace & Love & OPI
A holographic colour which is grey in some lights with hints of green and purple running through it. I think this will be the stand out colour for most people but I'm not a huge shimmer fan. Saying that I can't deny it's a rare colour that applies beautifully (but a little thin so three layers needed).

I really think this set is quite eclectic in the sense they are all different colours but all compliment each other at the same time. I think this is a perfect little set for the colder seasons and would make a really nice gift. 

If you like this collection the set is available on ASOS here.




No comments:

Post a Comment