photo 5135a210-3851-42fb-897f-39c11bf1e632_zps36fe5f5b.jpg      photo 5f25d283-4db2-4972-a7ed-c19822beff2f_zpsd617421f.jpg       photo bf01808e-cb11-4221-9c9c-6c737d95ddc4_zpse2129334.jpg

Monday 13 January 2014

What I Ate Today #01 - Quick Chilli Chicken Stir Fry


As an avid cook I love to think of fresh but quick meals. I hate ready made meals and would rather spend an extra 10 minutes prepping in the kitchen to make something I know is good for me. So I've decided to start a new series on this blog called "What I Ate Today". A place to share what I whip up at the kitchen and hopefully inspire myself to come up with new and fun dishes to try out.

Last night I got home from the gym and wanted a meal that had lots of protein and some carbs with a fresh taste. So I whipped up what I call my chilli chicken stir fry.

Ingredients

1 large chicken breast
1 red chilli 
Small handful of spring onions
1 small clove of garlic
A few slices of ginger
75g grams of rice (white or brown)
1 Egg
Soy Sauce


Place the rice in cold water and set to boil. It should take about 15 minutes.


Chop up your chicken breast.


Chop up your chilli, spring onion, garlic and ginger.


Heat up your wok with a small bit oil then add the chicken, garlic & oil.


Then add your chilli and spring onions.


Once the rice has cooked, drain and add to the wok to fry for a couple of minutes.


Beat an egg and add it to a well in the wok. Once it starts to set mix in with the rest of the food to get it to cook through.


After another minute it's ready to serve. Pop into a bowl and add as much soy sauce as you like.


Get your chopsticks out and enjoy a healthy quick dinner. If you want to make this even healthier here's a few tips for you:

- Use brown rice instead of white
- Add lots of other veggies such as bean sprouts, mange tout or pak choi.
- Instead of rice pop all the ingredients into a chicken stock to make a spicy chicken soup

Let me know if you like the idea of this new series and if there's any recipes you think I should try out!

Tanice





No comments:

Post a Comment