photo 5135a210-3851-42fb-897f-39c11bf1e632_zps36fe5f5b.jpg      photo 5f25d283-4db2-4972-a7ed-c19822beff2f_zpsd617421f.jpg       photo bf01808e-cb11-4221-9c9c-6c737d95ddc4_zpse2129334.jpg

Sunday 9 February 2014

Alpha-H Liquid Gold.





I've been keeping from reviewing this product since the beginning of January when Ruth over at A Model Recommends shared that I could find two bottles of it for £35.00. I wanted to give the product a proper trial before I shared my results with you because at £31.50 a pop it's an expensive purchase for something that may not work.

Alpha - H say the following about Liquid Gold;
"Our best selling “cult” skin resurfacing treatment uses a state of the art, low pH delivery system to effectively diminish wrinkles, pigmentation and sun damage.


The Glycolic based formulation works like an “overnight facial” to brighten and revitalise tired, ageing skin, and radically improve the appearance of the complexion.

For mature, sun damaged, prematurely ageing and for acne-scarred skin."

Now I do not fit into any of the skin criteria's for which the product is aimed at but I flat out refuse to get wrinkles before I am at least thirty so I am preparing my skin for the future. 

There isn't a strict routine with this product; some people can use it every other night or a couple of times a week. I use the product about 3 times a week straight after cleansing by applying a small amount of product on a cotton pad and applying all over the face and neck (but avoiding the eyes). I then only apply a small amount of eye cream and leave out my normal nightly moisturiser as they say it works better without. When you apply the glycolic acid makes your skin tingle; not in a stinging way but in a way you know you put something strange on your face. This is due to the pH in your skin dropping which makes your skin work hard at rebalancing itself and therefore giving you tighter skin!


As I said before I can't speak for it's effects on anti ageing or sun damage but I find it really has brightened up my face and has helped improve it's pigmentation after 4 weeks of use. It has really helped reduced my blackheads which I am prone to on my nose. I really think my Mum would love this product and it may make an appearance as a Mother's Day present (it's ok she doesn't read my blog).

Will I be repurchasing? Yes although with 2 bottles of this stuff I doubt I will need to anytime soon. A little goes a long long way.

There's a really interesting blog post over on the Alpha -H website about some unknown facts about the product if you want to find out some new ways to use it! 

You can buy the product at Cult Beauty, Beauty Bay or of course Alpha -H for £31.50 for 100ml.

No comments:

Post a Comment