photo 5135a210-3851-42fb-897f-39c11bf1e632_zps36fe5f5b.jpg      photo 5f25d283-4db2-4972-a7ed-c19822beff2f_zpsd617421f.jpg       photo bf01808e-cb11-4221-9c9c-6c737d95ddc4_zpse2129334.jpg

Sunday 11 May 2014

Beauty: Empties in May





Neal's Yard Remedies Wild Rose Beauty Balm
I got this 50g pot over a year ago and have used it lovingly and sparingly since. It's around the £40 mark so isn't a budget friendly buy but there are so many uses for this such as a face mask, cuticle oil and moisturiser for dry patches. I mainly used this as a balm cleanser twice a week and a little goes a long way. I feel this is a bathroom cabinet staple in my house now I love how it's so versatile.

Will I repurchase? Yes but only when I have used up some more of my stash.


Palmolive Naturals Delicate Card Shower Milk
Mum popped this into my stocking at Christmas and I only got round to using it in the last few weeks. It's creamy and foams beautifully and leaves your skin feeling moisturised. I love my S&G shower products to the end but this a cheap alternative although I much prefer a fruity/sweet scent.

Will I repurchase? Probably to take away on my holidays or something but I find my other products are better.

Simple Kind to Skin Soothing Facial Toner
I received a little sample pack a while back with a cleanser and moisturiser. It really doesn't do much for my skin as it feels like water. I also find it a little drying. It is one of the cheaper toners out there but I would rather spend money on more effective skincare.

Will I repurchase? I think there's too many better offerings out there for me to bother with this one again. 

Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic
Now this toner beats the last toner's ass. Without a doubt my favourite one I've tried so far. I love the natural, planty smell and how it removes those last little bits of make up effortlessly. It feels so refreshing in the morning and that's just what I need sometimes to give my skin a boost. 

Will I repurchase? I have a couple other brands in my stash I'm excited to try but I know this will end up back on my dresser before the year is out. 


The Body Shop Vitamin E Facial Oil
I have used this for over a year now and my skin has thanked me ever since. Using it alongside my Alpha-H Liquid Gold I think it makes a formidable team! I wake up with my skin feeling plumped and well hydrated. It's one of those products I always thought doesn't get enough hype as it's only £11.00; I considered the Clarins Lotus Face Oil or even Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair as more intense alternative but the Body Shop's offering is totally working right now.

Will I repurchase? I already have. Although they have changed the name and formula slightly so I'll let you know if it's still a beaut.

L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara
The best mascara I have used in year's hands down. Read my review here.

Will I repurchase? I'm already using the next tube I got!

Neal's Yard Remedies Sensual Jasmine Body Cream
I mainly bought this product for the scent and at first found it an intensively creamy formula however it seemed to go off quickly. It became quite hard to sink in (which I know should be a good thing) but it just kinda sat there. It looked rather pretty on my bedside table and was used as a hand cream for a while before it became just a bit too hard for me to use. 

Will I repurchase? Probably not as I feel the formula is a bit too weird for me. I'll still to S&G's The Righteous Butter thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment